Process fails every time I try to extract faces

The Extraction process failing on you, and you aren't getting an error back with clear instructions? Tell us about it here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Extraction process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Extract process, then you should look in the Extract Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

NCurc

Process fails every time I try to extract faces

Post by NCurc »

Hello,
I am new here, so I apologize if I come across as ignorant. It's because I am.

When trying to extract faces from a video, the terminal seems to be doing what it is supposed to, until it runs

Code: Select all

06/09/2020 23:33:06 INFO     Opening device "opencl_intel_hd_graphics_2500.0"

then the terminal gives the message "Process Exited" and a pop up says that "Python has stopped working".
When I close the pop up, the bottom left corner of the program displays the message

Code: Select all

If anyone has or knows of any way to remedy this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

bryanlyon
Site Admin
Answers: 44

Re: Process fails every time I try to extract faces

Post by bryanlyon »

This is trying to use your Intel iGPU built on to your CPU. If you have an AMD graphics card run plaidml-setup in the python environment to select the correct GPU. If you don't have an AMD GPU, you need to uninstall and install the CPU only version but be aware that CPU is much too slow to get reasonable training speeds.