Really silly and simple conversion error + Solution

Getting errors or found a bug when converting faces from a trained model? Post about them here

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for reporting errors with the Convert process. If you want to get tips, or better understand the Convert process, then you should look in the Convert Discussion forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

cosmico

Really silly and simple conversion error + Solution

Post by cosmico »

Hey, So I encountered an error that was preventing the conversion from going through, and even before I thought to look it up on the forums, I managed to figure it out. Its honestly a pretty stupid problem and its such an easy fix, but no one else has posted about this before so maybe.... I might help someone else out if i write it down.

Issue: When you have all the all the correct paths in your "data" box, and all your plugins are correct, and then you press convert. It starts up, and and in a span of about 5-10 seconds, it exits out of the process, and in the box on the bottom, it doesnt seem to indicate anything went wrong like "alignment wasn't found", it just gives you the path to the error report.

by torzdf » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:14 am

Yeah, multiple models in the same folder can be problematic. We will be disabling the ability to have multiple models in one folder at some point.

Go to full post
cosmico

Re: Really silly and simple conversion error + Solution

Post by cosmico »

What seemed to be the problem: Well in the process of training the model, i experimented around and tried several different trainers just to see if I like them and how they ran on my computer. Every time I did this, it created a new model and saved all the information into the model directory folder alongside the actual trainer-and-model that I would eventually decided to use. I guess this trips up faceswap.

What seemed to fix it: Go to my model directory folder and literally just cut and paste the files for the trainers I didnt use out of there. Deleteing probably would work too. Interestingly, the folders for the other trainers were fine and doesnt seem to confuse faceswap. In the pic, I tried playing around with Dlight and Dfaker before settling for realface, and when I'm ready to convert I just select the dlight and dfaker files and remove them.

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Really silly and simple conversion error + Solution

Post by torzdf »

Yeah, multiple models in the same folder can be problematic. We will be disabling the ability to have multiple models in one folder at some point.

My word is final