Using filter/nfilter for alignment file

Want to know about the Faceswap's Face Extraction process? Got tips, ideas or just want to learn about how it all works? Then this is the place for you

Forum rules

Read the FAQs and search the forum before posting a new topic.

This forum is for discussing tips and understanding the process involved for Extracting and preparing face sets for training a model in Faceswap.

If you have found a bug are having issues with the Extraction process not working, then you should post in the Extract Support forum.

Please mark any answers that fixed your problems so others can find the solutions.

ben

Using filter/nfilter for alignment file

Post by ben »

If i use the nfilter, so the aligner will skip trying to align the unwanted faces? (after they matched the filter?) And save time in aligning?
Or it will still align every face in the video but just wont output the unwanted faces?

torzdf
Answers: 159

Re: Using filter/nfilter for alignment file

Post by torzdf »

The identity test is done after alignment, so it will not save you extraction time, no.

It has to work this way, because it can only test if the face is a particular identity, once it has an aligned face to test.

My word is final

ben

Post by ben »

So if i have a multiple faces video, extraction with refeed 7 and realign will take much longer than a 1 face video i assume?

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

It will, yes.

I tend not to use the filter/nfilter. They are fine, it just tends to be quicker, in the long run, to extract all faces, then use "sort by face" and remove all of the unwanted faces that way.

Less risk of false positives/negatives too.

My word is final

ben

Post by ben »

Yes exactly what i was wondering why not just use sort.. thanks..

And adding a question: what settings can help to avoid jobs of aligning difficult faces (profiles mostly) in the manual tool when the aligner cant detect faces? (Except creating good faces sets)

Aligner roll value to 0
Hist normalization
High number Refeed and realign(?)

Most of the times i have a lot of missing alignments on weird face angles and i hate to manually do this.

torzdf

Post by torzdf »

Profiles are notoriously tricky....

If you would rather deal with more false positives, but ultimately have more correct profiles, then you can turn off most/all aligner filters (I'd probably leave the 'features' filter enabled, as any which get picked up by that will definitely be misaligned)

My word is final